This recipe is for anyone trying to shed some winter weight from the Holidays this year, avoid grain and gluten, or you just want a recipe for a delicious and amazingly aromatic granola snack/cereal. The flavors of the sweet apricot are favoring to the blend of the vanilla bean, coconut, and southern apple butter. I’ve given it to people who aren’t into granola and they loved it. It is really easy to make, this is also a kid friendly cooking lesson because no sharp objects.
Now before I start, I must give credit to the lady who posted this recipe 🙂 Fresh 4 Five .
(Also if you see an ingredient you’d like to learn more about and it’s benefits, click on the green high lighted words)
What You Need :
2 cups of Raw Almonds
1 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
1 cup raw Coconut Flakes
1/4 cup Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp. Ground Vanilla Bean Good News ! Vanilla bean has lots of mental health benefits 🙂
1-2 Tbsp. Tangerine Zest….the original recipe calls for orange but I like the sweet and tart of the Tangerine rather than the more bitter orange. However, I’ve made it both ways and it is awesome !
1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Apple Butter I like to use apple butter that isn’t commercialized and has no added sugar.
1 cup Dried Apricots (or you can always use your creativity and add another kind of dried fruit…cherries….raspberries…pears…etc.)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 275
2. Slowly break up the almonds by adding 1/2 cup at a time in your blender or food processor until they are broken up, but not too much that they resemble flour.
3. Combine everything in a bowl EXCEPT your apricots
4. Divide your mixture in a thin layer, use two cookie sheets or make two batches. Bake for 30 minutes and stir every 10 minutes…
5. Once your granola looks golden brown remove it, stir in your chopped apricots. Put it in a container and refrigerate. 🙂
I like to mix mine with full fat coconut milk, a great breakfast ! or meal replacement snack. This is a meal full of brain fuel to enhance your day to its full potential 🙂