This was the first recipe I tried out of my Paleo Primer, and it was amazing ! You can use it as a side dish or as a post-workout meal. The sweetness of the potato and the heat from the Chorizo was a wonderful variation, the kale adds a nice texture to the mash. I’m excited to have something new to make to replace my old sour cream garlic mashed potatoes, so good but not a friend of Celiac’s Disease.
click on the green words to learn why I use these ingredients and why they are healthier alternatives
What You’ll Need:
2 Sweet Potatoes, chopped
3 Kale Leaves, chopped
2 Chorizo Links, chopped
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt & Pepper to Taste
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1. Steam your chopped potatoes for about 10 minutes, if you double up the recipe to serve more, make sure you leave enough room for the kale.
2. Add your kale to the steamer along with the sweet potato, steam about 5 minutes or until the potato become soft enough to mash by hand.
3. While your steam your veggies start to cook the chorizo on low heat in a non stick pan, or add just a tiny bit of coconut oil spray to keep them from sticking.
4. Remove your potato and kale from the steamer once you can easily stick a fork through the potato. Place in a separate bowl, Add 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper to taste, then mash all the ingredients together.
5. Mix in your chorizo and serve !
I added a small touch of raw butter to garnish.
Why is this delicious meal so great?
any questions? email me at firstname.lastname@example.org